- 4 pounds firm pitted peaches, very coarsely courtly chopped
- fresh habaneros to taste – check how hot they are as they vary hugely. Try 1 per 4lb peaches. Make the recipe, and if it is too mild, bump it up a bit in “post production editing” (it is hard to cut back)
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- Honey to taste – try 1 cup and walk up
- ½ cup minced ginger
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 3 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
Take one large pan that will not react with the vinegar (defiantly not aluminium). Combine all ingredients and low boil for about 1 hour – stir often to prevent sticking. Turn down heat to low and continue cooking or transfer to slow crock pot and cook, until it is the consistency you like.
Pack into sterilized canning jars. Small jars are best as a quart goes a very long way.
Excellent with cheese